- Explain and illustrate correct MARC coding for:
- Indexed fields (used for searching in a catalog to find a description of a resource)
- Display fields (used for choosing between resources found in a catalog)
- Coded fields (used by the catalog to customize searches and displays)
- Number fields (used for searching in a catalog and for duplicate record detection)
- Provide practice in reading MARC records
- why can I find this book in the catalog if I search its author but cannot find it when I search its title?
- why does the catalog say we only have six books in Spanish, when just looking at the shelves I can see hundreds of them?
- why do so many descriptions of videos show up in the catalog with a little book icon instead of a video icon?
Register here for May 25-27 http://bit.ly/anUFID