Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
(All purchases are anonymous. We receive no identifying information on any items ordered.)
Thanks for your support!
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
- Creating a basic document by using Microsoft Word
- Editing documents by locating and modifying text
- Formatting text and paragraphs
- Adding tables and graphic elements to a document
- Controlling a document's page setup and its overall appearance
- Proofing documents to make them more accurate.
- Leadership Institute Alumni
- Current participants
- Anyone interested in leadership issues
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
You can search an Excel spreadsheet of the materials by topic, format, length and vendor. http://www.neflin.org/mll Review all the titles here then email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an item to borrow.
Some of these items were purchased with proceeds from our Amazon Affiliate Account. Don't forget to start here when you shop!
Friday, November 5, 2010
If you and your fellow staff are having trouble helping your patrons with their eBook and eReader questions, here's a resource that may help: http://sites.google.com/a/tblc.org/digital-delight/home (provided by Al Carlson at TBLC).
So we have all these ebooks and ebook readers. Now what? Interesting article on Creating a National Digital Library System (via Teleread).
The end of the year approaches and so do all those "Best of 2010" Lists. Amazon has already put up these three. (I'm obviously behind in my reading. I have only read seven of the Editor picks. Yikes!)
Alachua County Library District had their Partnership Library recognized nationally by the Harvard Bright Ideas Program. Congrats!
Through our partnership with Amazon, you have helped NEFLIN purchase a Kinect and two games Kinect games for our Equipment Loan Program. More when we receive them. If you haven't watched this 3 minute video about how Kinect is a huge step forward in gaming, check it out.
Back by popular demand, Collection Development expert Tony Greiner (co-author of Analyzing Library Collection Use with Excel, ALA Editions, 2007) returns to NEFLIN to teach one of the most practical collection development courses you will take. In the course of the day, attendees will learn how to take raw circulation and bibliographic data from their ILS, clean it up, and then analyze the use of the collection to show which parts of the collection are heavily (or lightly) used, and to give guidance on how to improve the collection by using use data.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Since 2004, the Sunshine State Library Leadership Institute has been preparing tomorrow's library leaders. Join State Library of Florida Consultant and Leadership Institute facilitator Jill Canono for a session of motivation and reflection.
Then we’ll have an informal discussion that will be a reflection on the Leadership Institute competencies and how to use the skills gained in the Institute (and refined after graduation) to implement changes identified in the session.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
- Established that Florida Libraries will be published entirely in electronic format in 2011
- Approved the Association’s budget for 2011
- Accepted the Conference Committee’s proposal for programs and schedule for the 2011 conference to be held May 4-6, 2010 at the Doubletree Hotel at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
- Moved to extend the FLA member rate to register for the annual conference to current members of the Florida Association for Media in Education (FAME)
- Discontinued mailing of paper membership cards except upon member request
- Set Library Legislative Day as March 29, 2011
- Decided to withdraw from membership in the Southeastern Library Association in view of proposed fee structure without clear benefit to FLA and FLA members
- Adopted recommendation of the Awards Committee to extend eligibility to organizations represented on the Awards Committee; members of the Committee may not vote on awards for which they or their organization/business are nominated.
- Approved slate presented by Nominating Committee:
and Ave Maria University)