Monday, July 29, 2013
Tuesday, August 13, 3:00 - 4:00 pm
7847 Bayberry Road, Jacksonville
Join Doug McNamara and his staff for a tour of this popular book vendor, and then stay to shop their over 21,000 titles! For 32 years Mumford has provided the service of "Hands On" book selection to over 3,000 public libraries, K-12 schools, and academic libraries.
Host: Doug McNamara, Mumford Library Books
Register at: http://a3.acteva.com/orderbooking/bookEvent/A335127
Thursday, July 25, 2013
Trainer Betsy Diamant-Cohen will be presenting "Mother Goose on the Loose" for NEFLIN at the Deltona Regional Library in Volusia County on Monday, October 21 (registration coming soon). She is available for other dates in Florida that week and it would reduce the cost for her to book another class. If you are interested please contact Betsy at email@example.com. Below is the description of the class.
Mother Goose on the Loose
This one-day workshop teaches about early literacy and school readiness, explores scientific findings regarding child development, shows how to easily plan and present successful library programs for children under age three and their caregivers, and inspires participants to begin offering programs at their libraries.
- Understand the applied research on childhood brain development
- Experience a hands-on Mother Goose on the Loose session
- Master the structure and principles of Mother Goose on the Loose
- Learn how to create high quality early literacy programs
- Acquire techniques for engaging infants and toddlers
- Discovery new ways to educate and involve parents and caregivers
- Interact with colleagues to share knowledge and ideas.
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
NEFLIN's 20th Anniversary
Thursday, September 12, 2013
9:30 am - 2:30 pm
University Club, Riverplace Tower, 27th Floor
1301 Riverplace Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32207
$35: Includes lunch and parking
- Keynote: Richard Harwood, The Harwood Institute
- NEFLIN Annual Report
- Walk Down Memory Lane
- Lunch and Networking
- Silent Auction (proceeds to benefit the Jim Morris Continuing Education Fund)
- NEFLIN Library Directors registration only through August 9
- NEFLIN Membership registration opens August 10
- Registration deadline August 23
Thursday, July 11, 2013
New Vendor: Envisionware
Product: Library Document Station with Coin & Bill Acceptor bundle
Discount amount: Normal price for this combination is $9290.00. EnvisionWare is offering a 15% discount when purchasing these 2 products as a bundle.
Product Information: The Envisionware Library Document Station allows patrons to scan any document to Email, Smartphone, Tablet, Fax, Google Drive, Print or USB. This product can be integrated with the EnvisionWare Print Management SoftWare (LPTOne). This integration is not a requirement and should you not be an LPTOne user, we will simply not enable this feature.
More information can be found on NEFLIN's vendor discount page.
Monday, July 1, 2013
From the July BLD Newsletter.