Visit http://www.oclc.org/reports/onlinecatalogs/default.htm to view the report.
The report offers:
- Insight for readers seeking to define requirements for improved catalog data
- Information about the metadata elements that are most important to end users in determining if an item will meet his or her needs
- Support for the enhancements end users and librarians would like to see made in online library catalogs
- Insight into the end user’s discovery experience
- Findings for readers in areas associated with contributing, synchronizing or linking data from multiple sources in library catalogs and integrated library systems