Monday, December 3, 2007

Patty's Paris Report

NEFLIN Friends,

I traveled to Paris, France over the Thanksgiving holiday and had a wonderful time. The weather was cold and there was a transit strike on during most of the time I was there, but it is so beautiful and there is so much to see I had a great time.

I traveled solo and joined a Rick Steves tour group, getting to know people from all over the US (my roommate was a teacher from Seattle). Our hotel was very near to the Eiffel Tower and Rue Cler. My sightseeing included the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay, the Grand Palais, Musee Carnavalet (Paris history), Sainte Chapelle, Musee Cluny, Les Invalides (including the World War I and II museum), Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur and Montmartre, the Marais district and the Latin Quarter, Versailles, many beautiful churches, and a cruise on the Seine. The food, shopping and people were all superb.

There was a lot I didn't have time to do and have a list of places to visit or return to for my next trip.

No comments: