Thursday, March 29, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Deltona Regional Library, 2150 Eustace Avenue, Deltona, FL 32725
As much as parents and caregivers, teachers, and librarians try, it is a reality that boys are much less likely to become independent readers than are girls. Find out what are the influences that can help turn boys into lifelong readers. Find out what topics, types of books -- including informational books and movable books – and titles will work to make boys into readers. Find out about the “Guys Read” movement. Participants will learn about selection criteria so that they can enhance their library collections to attract boys. This interactive full day workshop will help school and public librarians understand and meet the needs of boys, birth through 7th grade. Participants are encouraged to bring 3 books that they have found successful in attracting boys to reading and libraries.
Trainer: Carole Fiore, Carole Fiore Training and Library Consulting
Register for Bridging the Gender Gap: http://a3.acteva.com/orderbooking/bookEvent/A313865
Marketing for Youth Services: Can It Be Magic?
Friday, March 30, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Brevard Central Library, 308 Forrest Avenue, Cocoa, FL 32922
Attracting new users to the library can be difficult. It is getting even more difficult in this media saturated world. The crux of marketing is to find out your customer’s real needs and desires and then to create and sell a product or service that fulfills those needs and desires. By the end of this highly interactive workshop, participants will:
- Be able to list at least 5 influences in children’s and teens lives that affect their choices in what they do with their leisure time.
- Be able to identify various audiences for children’s and teen programs.
- Be able to identify “ever cool” brands and services and relate that to marketing library programs and services.
- Have the chance to design at least one marketing piece to promote the youth program.
- Participants are encouraged to bring some marketing pieces that they have used successfully to promote their programs and services.
Register for Marketing for Youth Services: http://a3.acteva.com/orderbooking/bookEvent/A313864