Friday, August 13, 2010

Link Love

I haven't posted pics of my family...well ever. Here is a nice set we took recently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why Libraries Are Awesome. The guys over at SavvyDaddy have woke up and smelled the coffee. The article ends with a nice list of 14 Things Dads Can Do With Their Kids at the Library.

Being a SavvyDaddy and a GeekDad has me spreading the library message to these groups.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

eBooks on Amazon outsell hardcovers. Here are five reasons why.

(Plus, we are giving away a new Kindle to a lucky person who attends the NEFLIN Annual Meeting.)





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With all the eBook rage...some libraries still have substantial print collections (shocking, I know). NEFLIN members, University of Florida and Jacksonville Public Library are numbers 46 and 94, respectively, on the ALA list of the largest libraries in the U.S.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What have I been up to this summer? A little of this, a little of that, a lot of finding indoor alternatives to these brutal tempatures.

My latest book and movie recommendations?

Colossus by Michael Hiltzik about the construction of Hoover Dam. Well researched and compelling storylines. Not a beach read, but I consumed it in about the same time as any thriller by Lee Child.








Inception made me realize that going to the movies can be better than watching a DVD on the living room couch. A rare movie that I have now seen twice in the theater.

I know that your first question is "It's a 2 and 1/2 hour movie, when is a boring scene that will allow me to use the bathroom?". This is also a rare "There isn't one". The last one hour or more is so riveting you almost can't catch your breath. Check it out!


No comments: