Using new tricks and tools available from the US Census Bureau, in this workshop you will learn to easily and quickly compile detailed demographic profiles of Florida communities including compelling maps showing insightful demographic trends and patterns.
The US Census Bureau recently released new data from the American Community Survey – learn how to understand and use the latest demographic information available.
- You’ll learn to create a compelling demographic profile of the Florida community of your choice, including:
- In-depth demographic studies using current census data
- Valuable data for each census tract / block group in the specific area of interest
- What information is available on new surveys and how to easily extract data
Included is instruction on the power of using GIS (Geographic Information System) mapping to overlay data from your organization’s internal databases with detailed local demographic maps. GIS is a powerful tool – allowing you and patrons to graphically display insightful trends and patterns not visible in any other way. Workshop participants will receive:
- A workbook and resource CD with step-by-step guides on creating a compelling, detailed demographic study specific to your community/target population
- Sample Florida data showing detailed demographic trends
- Sample GIS (computer) maps for Florida Counties and a free GIS map browser – ArcExplorer and ArcReader
Trainer: Richard Miller, Calm River Demographics
Wednesday, September 22, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm at NEFLIN in Orange Park
Registrations needed to avoid cancellation