The following are a few posts to recap the NEFLIN Annual Meeting on Friday, September 14.
The theme this year was Libraries are Magic!.
Brad started his report with the disclaimer that a professional magician was not in the budget, and his brother-in-law only did kid's parties. However, using the magic of the Internet he did learn a magic trick, and with the able assistance of Bonnie Smith was able to get the meeting off to a fun start.
Other items of interest:
- Two new member libraries joined this year (Art Institute of Jacksonville and Taylor County Public Library), and one new county was added (Taylor) which increases the NEFLIN service area to 24 counties.
- NEFLIN had its best year of training ever! Over 3,500 library staff attended training.
- Face-to-face training was held in 24 locations around the region.
- New Consortial agreements with Overdrive and SmartPay were described.
- NEFLIN now manages the financial operations of the Clay Virtual Academy, a free online K-12 school for residents of Clay county.
- Tech-Talk begins in October. Details coming soon.
- Donation of a 18' x 30' canopy (tent) was a welcome surprise. Thanks to member librarian, Rachel Schipper. Borrow it for your next program!
- A disc repair machine that repairs CDs, DVDs, and video game discs was added to the Equipment Loan Program.
- Finally, the new NEFLIN Strategic Plan was unveiled, and discussed.