Friday, October 10, 2008

Link Love

A whole lotta love today…link love that is.

-----------------------------

NEFLIN is now making available our new web conferencing service for members to use with staff and for public programs. Why not do a "2 for 1" and preview this service by watching a program in the OPAL archive. A recent entry
Web 2.0: Is Facebook for your Library? looks interesting.

-----------------------------

I had heard about the Vanderbilt Television News Archive before, but it just didn't click until recently just how amazing it is.

“The core collection includes evening news broadcasts from ABC, CBS, and NBC (since 1968), an hour per day of CNN (since 1995) and Fox News (since 2004).

Special news broadcasts found in the Archive include political conventions, presidential speeches and press conferences, Watergate hearings, coverage of the Persian Gulf War, the events of September 11, 2001, the War in Afghanistan, and the War in Iraq.”

A recent article by Marshall Breeding at Vanderbilt highlighted this collection.

-----------------------------

You have never seen a library like this.

-----------------------------

I have been reading David’s blog for a while, and just recently added it to the rotation. David is a librarian who writes about libraries and technology/social networking.

Tip #1: For those who are reading many blogs or just seek out a lot of information online...use a feed reader.

Tip #2: I have a “Pending” folder in my Bloglines account and follow a new blog for a few weeks and then either add it to the my account or remove it. Don't be afraid to delete/stop reading a blog if it goes for a while without updates or quality content.

-----------------------------

You can finally look up many of those "make no sense/full of jargon error messages" that happen when using Microsoft products. (My Mac friends are now laughing at me.)

-----------------------------

Win an Unshelved Book Club T-Shirt. I entered the contest and so can you. Though my chance of winning decreases when you enter so maybe I should keep this to myself...

-----------------------------

I don't spend all my off time watching things on my Tivo (though it is football season). Here is what I'm reading right now. I'm always looking for good reads, so suggestions are welcome.

-----------------------------

No comments: