Thursday, October 22, 2009

Somer Thompson

It’s my birthday today. I was going to write something funny about a past birthday. However, I am in a somber mood after coming to work this morning and learning that Somer Thompson’s body was found.

We have many readers outside the north Florida area so if you haven’t heard…Somer is a 7 year old girl who was abducted while walking home from school earlier this week, about one mile from the NEFLIN office. Her body was found yesterday in a Georgia landfill.

Jeannie, Patty and I live and work in Orange Park. This is our community. Somer was one of our neighbors, in the truest sense of the word. Our thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

1 comment:

BFant said...

Happy Birthday, Brad. I share this birthday with you, as well as the sadness of the news of Somer.
Beth