The FLA Continuing Education Committee is sponsoring two events at the 2010 FLA Conference, April 7 - 9 at the Rosen Plaza Hotel in Orlando.
Gather Round: Conference Program Topics Round Tables
Wednesday, April 7, 9:00 – 10:00 am
Location: Salon 11
The Round Table discussions are an opportunity to talk, share and learn from others on a range of important topics. Discussion facilitators will lead conversations focusing on the FLA Conference themes of Advocacy, Innovative Projects & Studies, Leadership, Youth Services, Technology and It’s All About Me, and Technology. Attendees will have the choice of sitting in on two of the table discussions. Library leaders as facilitators will lead discussions in this informative, interactive and enjoyable session that kicks off the FLA Conference.
Round Table speakers include:
· Jae Bass, St. Johns County Public Library: “Secrets of an Award Winning Website”
· Michael Bryan, Director, Seminole Community Library: “Youth Services”
· Elizabeth Curry, Alachua County Library District: “Agile Staff – Agile Organizations: Change Readiness and Leadership”
· Danny Hales, Suwannee River Regional Library System: “Advocacy: Small and Rural Libraries Focus”
· Dave McMurrin, Brevard County Libraries, and Tracy Swank, Lake County Library System: “Authentic Leadership: Are You For Real?”
· Kaya van Beynen, and Patricia Pettijohn, University of South Florida - St. Petersburg: “Gorilla Research for Redesign”
Wednesday, April 7, 1:30 – 5:00 pm
Thursday, April 8, 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
Friday, April 9, 9:00 - 10:30 am
See conference program insert for presenters, topics and locations
This year’s Poster Sessions include more than three dozen visual presentations on a wide variety of topics. Be sure to check the conference program insert for a detailed list of presenters and titles covering library projects, research, interests and information.
FLA Continuing Education Committee
You are also invited to attend a meeting of the FLA Continuing Education Committee on Wednesday, April 7 at 10:00 am following the Round Tables program in Salon 11.