Friday, August 14, 2009

Time Traveling Librarian


Opening in movie theaters today is the Time Traveler's Wife.

(From the book) "This is the story of Henry DeTamble, a
dashing, adventuresome librarian who travels involuntarily through time, and Clare Abshire, an artist whose life takes a natural sequential course. Henry and Clare's passionate love affair endures across a sea of time and captures the two lovers in an impossibly romantic trap."

I haven't read the book, but I don't believe I'm the target audience. The movie is not getting much love from the critics, but that shouldn't spoil your fun if you are a fan of the book. If you see the movie leave us a comment and let us know what you thought.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I loved The time Traveler's wife (the novel). I found it imaginative, creative, and emotionally touching. I couldn't wait for the movie to come out when I heard about it.

Critics be darned, The Time Traveler's Wife was a great movie. Yeah, like all movies based on books they had to adapt the action of the novel significantly, but the movie kept the heart of the story very well.

I cried at how beautiful the characters' love story was and how tragic the difficulties they faced at his being a time traveler. Even my husband, who has never read the book, cried and was deeply touched by the film.

See it with or without the book. Love it.