OCLC has done a major overhaul to their Policies Directory. All the information about your library that is currently in the Policies Directory will be available through the new interface. However, this is a good time to take a look at your policies to make sure everything is up-to-date.
New OCLC Policies Directory to be installed Sunday, December 13, 2009
The project to implement a new Policies Directory has been underway for the past year and is finally coming to fruition.
Your access to the Policies Directory will remain the same.
- Via the existing URL (https://illpolicies.oclc.org) using your OCLC ILL authorization and password.
- Through the WorldCat Resource Sharing interface, either by clicking the Policies Directory link or on the ‘Libraries that Own Item’ screen, by clicking on the red ? next to the library symbol.
- Via the existing links in ILLiad and the WorldCat Services Administrative module.
All existing data (policies, deflections, contact data) will remain. You do not need to make any changes to your existing Policies Directory data.
Click the URL below and use the following authorization/password to login
A few things to keep in mind –
- You must use the demonstration authorization to log in. Your normal authorizations won’t work on this site. But, once you login you can search for your own library (or anyone else’s)
- The data in the preview environment is several weeks old. It was copied from the current Policies Directory in mid October and has not been updated since.
- The environment is not ‘live’. Changes made in this interface will not update the current Policies Directory.
- A few changes are still in progress. For example, the Help files have not yet been loaded.
- This preview site will be available 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST through Friday, December 10th.
A list of the changes to the Policies Directory are included here.
Please send me any comments or questions that you have - Jennifer_corsi@oclc.org.