The Handheld Librarian IV is a 2-day online conference held February 23-24 - it is two days of professional development for librarians who love technology! Handheld Librarian IV will build on the success of prior conferences in which an array of presenters share their experiences and insights on topics addressing these themes.
NEFLIN is sponsoring broadcast of the program at two locations. You can attend all or part of the two day conference at:
- University Park Branch, Jacksonville
- University of Florida, Smathers Library West in Gainesville
The schedule program is posted at http://www.handheldlibrarian.org/program (note: conference times are posted there in CENTRAL TIME).
- The State of Mobile Connectivity
- Fast and Simple Strategies for Librarians learning iPad Web apps and ePubs
- Handheld Information Literacy: Mobilising Existing Models?
- Books on the Web
Breakout sessions include:
- Reference Is Neither Here Nor There: Connecting Through SMS
- Next Trends in Mobile Technology
- Libraries and QR Codes
- Mobile Usability
- QR Codes & Augmented Reality for Mobile Library Users
- Beyond Foursquare: Library Treks with SCVNGR
- Augmented Reality 101 for Libraries
- Using PhoneGap to Develop Hardware Agnostic Mobile Apps
- Making Instruction Mobile
- Become the “Tech Guy" and Make iPhone Apps for Your Library
- Introducing Android App Inventor
- The Top 40: Best Mobile Apps for Handheld Librarians
You can attend all or part of the two day online conference at one of the locations above.
Register with NEFLIN to attend today.