Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Cleaning House for the Summer

My folders of strange things to share were getting a bit full so I figured I would (share that is) -

10 Obscure Google Search Tricks has some great hints (some of you probably already know all these hints but I learned a thing or two. Also discovered that Lifehacker.com (Tech tricks, tips and downloads for getting things done) could teach me a lot...

LC and Flickr - in January the Library of Congress launched a collection of photos which have no known copyright restrictions on Flickr to increase public access to their collections. I keep hearing about this at meetings and finally went to check it out. Pretty cool! LC is encouraging the public to comment and tag the photos and it was fascinating to read some of the comments.

Free Stuff from Pricey Database Vendors
from ResourceShelf.com lists useful freebies from a variety of well known vendors.

Who's Your Favorite Fictional Librarian? I think I have my summer reading list from this list of fictional librarians. Take a look -

On the more serious side, for those of you who are interested in stats, check out Statistics Resources. It's a list of almost 100 sources to all types of stats sources on a variety of topics.

No comments: