Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians

"So, there I was, tied to an altar made from outdated encyclopedias, about to get sacrificed to the dark powers by a cult of evil Librarians."

Thus begins the book
Alcatraz versus the Evil Librarians.


I borrowed this from my local public library last weekend and had a really great time reading the story of a 13 year old, whose "talent" (i.e., superpower) is breaking things by accident. Along with this grandfather whose talent is "showing up late" (much more useful than it sounds) have quite an adventure against the evil Librarians who are trying to rule the world.

I came across this title after reading that the author, Brandon Sanderson, is going to finish the last book in the Wheel of Time series after the passing of Robert Jordan. I am crossing my fingers that he can end the series on a high note. I agree with many fans of that series that the first 5-6 books were great, but the last 4-5 have been rough going.

Back to "battening down the hatches" here at the office. Stay dry everyone!

No comments: